Enhancing Innovative & Research Skills
Biotechnology is a broad discipline in which biological processes, organisms, cells or cellular components are exploited to develop new technologies. Now, Biotechnology is one of most expanding branch of science. It signifies the theoretical, applied and general skills along with scientific and technology disciplines. A post graduation course in biotechnology provides excellent critical thinking skills, a strong commitment to pursuing rigorous research training in subject area and collegiality.
M.Sc. Biotechnology at IMS Ghaziabad- University Courses Campus is basically two year post graduation program which is affiliated to CCS University, Meerut with an intake of 30 seats that comprises of total four semesters.
• Faculty with research lab exposure
• Intensive research embedded teaching and learning process
• Live Internship opportunities in institutes and industries of repute
• Scientific labs with latest equipments
• Well placed alumini
• Student driven Bionics club
• Project Dissertation
European Pedagogy Adapted Model
The programme follows European Pedagogy Adapted Model, which is internationally benchmarked teaching system through highly qualified faculty consisting of experiential aspects such as flip classes & labs, ERP driven modules, emphasis on research, field based practical learning and strong corporate interface such as industrial visit, guest lectures and mandatory project dissertation of 6 months.
The M.Sc. Course is having four semesters in a period of 2 years. Each smester has a perfect mix of subjects enlisted by the University curriculum and value added courses.
|SEMESTER I||SEMESTER II|
|101||Fundamental of Genetics||201||Fundamentals of Biochemistry|
|102||Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics||202||Plant Genetic Resources|
|103||Statistical Methods and Bioinformatics in Biology||203||Biotechnology in Crop improvement|
|104||Tools and Techniques in Biotechnology||204||RDT and Genetic Engineering|
|SEMESTER III||SEMESTER IV|
|301||Microbial, Industrial and Environmental BT||Project|
|302||Concepts of Nanotechnology|
|303||Animal biotechnology and Immunology|
|304||Genomics and Proteomics|
The dedicated team of qualified faculty mentors and delivers the subjects, having a rich academic and corporate experience. The faculty is developed and trained on latest innovative pedagogies to create differential learning experiece for classrooms. A core faculty team is topped up with Guest speakers and Visiting Faculty. View Faculty Profile
After completion of the M.Sc. program, students are fully equipped for industrial and research positions in India and abroad. They can also apply for higher studies (Ph.D.). After M.Sc. the students can have a career in sectors like industries (pharma, food industry, dairy industry), government agencies (food safety officer and Food drug inspector). In present scenario biotechnological industry requires skilled and research oriented biotechnocrates. The industries approach to the various aspects of biotechnology such as agriculture, bioinformatics, biomedical, diagnostic, environment, forensic science, pharmaceuticals, food and processing etc. With a wide arena a person can get diversified profile as research and development scientist, production managers, quality control analyst, marketing and sales professional and logistics.
• Projects & Internships:
Students have done projects and internship in companies like- Internship pursued from IARI, DRDO, National Center of Organic Farming, Pharmacopeial Laboratory for Indian Medicines, Vallabh Bhai Patel Chest Institute, Apollo, Gangaram Hospital, Bheemrao Ambedkar Research Center, Unichem Pharma etc.
• Final Placements:
M.Sc. is a program that is complete in itself and equips the students to work in the corporate world. Students have been placed at attractive package of 4.0-5.0 lakhs/annum in leading companies and research institutes like Cord Life Sciences, Ranbaxy, Patanjali, Biomed, IDS Infotech, Life Science Intellipedia, Dayal Fertilizers Private Ltd. etc.
The students who once learned skills in the classrooms are now practisioners and experts in the industry. The large alumni base is studded with eminent alumni heading leading organisations like-Kyoto Institute of Technology (Japan), Hannover Medical School (Germany), DRDO-DIPAS, AIIMS at the senior position of Research Scientist, Research Scholar and General Manager.
Learning by doing is the philosophy that IMS believes in. There are more than 20 student driven clubs, divided into two categories- Life skill based clubs and Employability skill or Domain Clubs. The clubs are owned and managed by a student council and have monthly agenda, meetimgs and a event calendar that prudently followed for maximum opportunity and skill based learning outside classrooms. For details click here
Admission to the M.Sc. Biotechnology course is open to the graduates of recognized university satisfying the following conditions:
- The candidate should have obtained the Bachelors degree in Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Zoology/ Microbiology/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Agriculture.
- The candidate should have secured at least 50% (45% for SC/ST) in aggregate at graduate level university examination.
- Candidates appearing for B.Sc. final year examination or awaiting their results are also eligible to apply. Their candidature, however, shall be considered, subject to the clearance of the qualifying examination
The admission to the M.Sc. Biotechnology program will be done on the merit (based on the aggregate marks at graduate level) declared by the CCS University.
- Interested Candidates can obtain Application forms from Admission Office at IMS, Ghaziabad. Candidates can also fill the Online inquiry form by clicking on the following link:- http://www.imsuc.ac.in/apply-online-query.php.
- Registration Process starts from April 2017
- Candidate seeking admission in M.Sc. Biotechnology is required to meet the admission counselor in the institute premises.
- Admission is confirmed on the basis of merit & interaction
Documents required for Admission:
Following are to be shown/submitted along with the form - original and photocopy:
- Mark sheet of X, XII and B.Sc.
- Passing certificate of X, XII and B.Sc.
- Migration Certificate (in case of other then CCS University)
- 4 recent passport size photographs.
- Gap year certificate (in case gap after B.Sc.).
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (if belongs to other then U.P.)
- Character certificate
- Aadhar card.
Scholarships & Awards:
Scholarships & Awards under various categories are provided to the students. For details click here
School of Bio Sciences
Events @ IMS Ghaziabad